The Quality Assurance Manager implements with Enerfab Project Management the quality assurance program to ensure that product quality is in conformance with customers, engineering specifications and Code requirements. This position will work closely with the Authorized Inspection Agency (AIA), local jurisdictions, and provide customer interface for quality related items. The primary responsibilities are listed below.
- Improve internal quality processes and systems, including internal auditing and training.
- Provide quality related support to Cincinnati Power and all regional office representatives and inspectors.
- Develop WPS/PQR’s, write WPQ’s, and provide welding support.
- Complete Code data reports and final quality packages.
- Develop process sheets/assure compliance with code and applicable specifications.
- Work with customers and 3rd party inspectors.
- Develop QA/QC procedures, such as passivation, heat treating, and NDE procedures.
- Review customer specifications and support estimating
- Provide solutions to code, welding, and NDE inquiries (ex. Filler metal selection, RT, UT, PT, MT requirements, passivation, heat treatment, mechanical testing, all things welding related)
- Consult with other specialists in field (ex. EWI, NiDi) to develop solutions to welding related issues.
- Perform inspection (Shop and Field) of pressure vessels and boilers, as needed.
- Develop and write repair procedures.
- Work Welding Engineer and Metallurgist on welding and materials projects.
- Knowledge of all welding processes and their application, especially, GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SMAW, SAW, and PAW.
- Knowledge in the development of WPS, PQR, WPQ’s.
- Knowledge in the Code requirements regarding documentation.
- Familiar with codes and standards including ASME, API, ASTM, NACE, NBIC, etc.
- Fabrication experience including pressure and process piping, as well as pressure vessels.
- Familiar with the application and limitation of NDT methods and techniques.
- 5-10 years in the construction industry.
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and/or Certified Radiographic Interpreter (CRI) is a plus.
- ASNT NDT Level I, II, or III is a plus.
- Welding experience and training is a plus.