Brighton Salutes: Honoring Our Veterans


December 2016

[image type=”none” float=”right” src=”4000″ alt=”” href=”” title=”” info_content=”” lightbox_caption=”” id=”” class=”” style=””][text_output]

In honor of Veterans Day in November, Brighton Tru-Edge was proud to pay tribute to those who serve and have served our country, including several members of our team:

  • Les Adams, burn operator: served in the U.S. Army for 10 years and a Vietnam veteran
  • Shawn Carr, press operator: served in the U.S. Marines for four years
  • Clarence McClure, press operator: served in the U.S. Marines for six years
  • Jeff Wells, Corporate Safety Manager: served in the U.S. Army for seven years

Wells shares some personal reflections on his military service:

What skills did you learn in the military that have helped you in your civilian career?

Serving in the Army helped me hone my leadership skills and reinforced the importance of maintaining respect for others.

What are you most proud of about your service?

I served in the 82nd Airborne Division, and for 17 months, I was a member of the All-American Chorus. It afforded me the opportunity to sing for President Ronald Reagan, on the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon, the Kennedy Center for Bob Hope’s induction, on stage with Lee Greenwood, and many other venues.

What does Veterans Day mean to you?

It’s our nation’s day to say thank you for your service and sacrifice to the 1% that protect the other 99%. It’s appreciated, but myself and most other veterans consider it a privilege to have served.

How can people show appreciation for the military on Veterans Day and all year-round?

A simple handshake and “thank you.” It actually means more outside of Veterans Day because you know it was heartfelt and not prompted by a calendar.

At Brighton Tru-Edge, we believe it’s important to be both active participants and leaders in our community – and there’s no greater example than military service. THANK YOU to everyone who has served our nation.[/text_output]

Market Update
**CURRENT MATERIAL SURCHARGES:
304/304L – 0.7290 $/lb.
316/316L – 1.0358 $/lb.
317/317L – 1.2245 $/lb.
309/309S – 0.9722 $/lb.
2205 – 0.9909 $/lb.
Alloy 276 – 4.4253 $/lb.
Alloy 625 – 4.8678 $/lb.
**SCRAP AVERAGE:
316 – 0.6800 $/lb.
Carbon Steel – 0.1300 $/lb.